Sunday, November 8, 2009

Solving the film dilemma...

Another set of pictures using the hand-cut film in a home-made rig was more successful. Three out of three worked this time. I just took 5 tries (5 pieces of film) to get the three. Here are the better of the 3 ( I have to edit, even my experiments!)







Had to be a better way. I thought about my paper cutter, then I realized that the craft stores had miniature cutters for crafters. Off to the store where $13.99 landed me the cutter you see in the picture below.




Measuring & cutting out the mat board scraps (getting good at this) and a little tape gave me a cutter that should be easy to use in the dark. Time to find out.

The only real challenge turned out to be not trimming my fingers with the cutter. The fact that there is a paper guard helped. I was able to load all three with no waste.

To test it all out, I set up some still lifes in the cellar, and made the exposures. One was sort of an exposure test, the other two yielded the interesting shots here.





Next time we will take the camera into the woods and see what we can do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment